Here goes things considered cool, might be a great start point for those wishing to become not stupid.
- LibreSSL - LibreSSL is a version of the TLS/crypto stack forked from OpenSSL in 2014, with goals of modernizing the codebase, improving security, and applying best practice development processes.
While all operating systems suck, some may suck less than others, here is my personal opinion.
- OpenBSD - a free, multi-platform 4.4BSD-based UNIX-like operating system that emphasizes portability, standardization, correctness, proactive security and integrated cryptography.
- HardenedBSD - HardenedBSD is a security-enhanced fork of FreeBSD. However, it is FAR fatter than anything else in the list probably combined (due to it being a FreeBSD fork).
- oasis - sort of aimed at experienced users, it is a "small linux system" that is completelly statically linked. Read more in its git repo.
- kisslinux - "a Linux(R) meta-distribution for the x86_64 architecture with a focus on simplicity, sustainability and user freedom". It certainly is stupidly simple, uses musl and is X11-less. Has a total of (at the time of writting) 121 packages in its repositories.
- sxmo - sxmo is a minimalist environment for Linux mobile devices, such as the pinephone. It uses suckless software.
- Void linux (musl) - a great distribution that uses musl and an init system written from scratch. Sadly, it sucks more than others in the list since it still uses GNU's shitware by default.
- suckless - great source for making you not be stupid with your software.
- cat-v - holy grail of what's considered harmful, they have great software recommendations, too.
- spyware - yet another website that recommends great software and exposes spyware, most software considered spyware being used by your average hipster.
- digdeeper - website with multiple articles discussing various topics like software, privacy, society and even video games.